Search the scriptures;
for in them ye think ye have
eternal life: and they are they
which testify of me.
I'm strengthened by the rereading of truth, but on occasion, I'm challenged by what I read. Something sticks out to me that hadn't seen before and my old beliefs are confronted. This is healthy and a sign of growth! Truth has always been there, but up to that moment, I wasn't able to see it. Revelational moments like these are often times life changing!
So, ready for a church quiz? I threw this quiz together based upon this recent studying into questions about church. Some answers will come easily, others might involve opening your concordance. In either case, I hope you enjoy this little 10-question church trivia brain teaser that might not be so trivial!
For this church quiz, please use your Bible as a textbook and be able to back up your answer with specific Bible verses. Then if you want, post your answers in the comments section. Here we go!
1. How many books are there in the New Testament?
2. When does the New Testament actually begin?
3. How often did Jesus command his disciples to start churches?
4. According to the Book of Acts, was baptism a suggestion or a command?
5. How many times is pastor or pastors mentioned in the New Testament?
6. How many people does it take to make a church?
7. How often did the apostles teach on tithing?
8. What verse(s) gives us the authority to add to the scriptures?
9. How many years of Bible school are required before one can become ordained?
10. Who is the head of the church?
Got them answered? Great! I'll give my answers to these questions about church on the next post and we can compare notes. Remember, the scriptures are the only true and accurate reference material. Other books, commentaries or opinions from well respected theologians aren't the same as the holy Word of God and won't count.
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11)
Was this interesting or helpful? Why not click on the Like button below and pass it on? Thanks!